Teaching Assistant (SEN) Vacancy
We are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant (SEN) to join our hard working and dedicated staff team. Required to start on 23/4/19, a warm and committed Teaching Assistant will work with a current Y2 child with unusual and complex patterns of behaviour, including difficulties with social interaction and emotional regulation/ development.
This is a temporary contract linked to a current Y2 child with an Educational Health Care Plan (EHCP) and covering long term leave of absence of the current post holder. The contract is for a fixed period 23/4/19 – 23/10/19. The contract will end on 23/10/19. This is a temporary funded post that will end if the pupil leaves the school, the pupil’s EHCP is reduced/removed or if the funding ceases.
25 TA hours per week, plus 5 Lunchbreak Supervisor hours per week, Monday – Friday
8.50am – 12.00pm (TA hours)
12.00pm – 1.00pm (LBS hours)
1.30pm – 3.20pm (TA hours)
Grade: TA - H9 SCP 22-26 (£12179.00 - £13793.00 per annum)
LBS - H13 SCP 8-10 (£2064.00 - £2093.00 per annum)
We invite applications from teaching assistants who:
- Love working with children
- Are willing to learn new skills
- Are patient, calm, organised and adaptable
- Work well as part of a team but also able to use your own initiative
- Are enthusiastic and have a positive outlook
- Are creative and able to motivate children
- Have good communication skills
- Understand the need for and adhear to strictest standards of confidentiality
- Have NVQ3 for Teaching Assistants or other relevant qualification with at least one year’s practical experience of working with children
- Have particular skills or interest in supporting the development of nurture provision within the school
In return we offer:
- ·A popular and forward looking school
- A bright, well resourced modern building and substantial, well developed grounds
- Supportive and friendly team of staff and governors
- Commitment to your professional development
Visits to the school are welcomed. To arrange a visit please contact Rachel Godfrey or Anne Smith on 01454 867215 or email email@example.com
Closing date: 3.00pm on Wednesday 20th March 2019
To apply for this vacancy please complete a South Gloucestershire Council Application Form.
Please send application forms to: Cadbury Heath Primary School, Lintern Crescent, Warmley, Bristol BS30 8GB or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
We currently have 3 governor vacancies. If you are interested in joining our governing body please contact the school office either in person, by telephone (01454 867215) or by email (email@example.com).