Deputy Headteacher Vacancy
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational, committed and enthusiastic professional to join our successful and happy team, in our fantastic school. This role will include significant leadership and management responsibilities, these will be clarified on appointment and are according to the needs of the school. It also currently involves full time responsibility for teaching a class (although this may change over time). There is currently regular non-contact time for deputy duties (dedicated leadership time) in addition to the statutory PPA time for classroom teachers.
Full Time/All Year Round/Permanent
32.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Leadership scale L4 - L8 (£41,978 - £46,335)
Start date 1st September 2017
In addition to excellent classroom skills we are looking for a teaching deputy who:
- can work in partnership with the headteacher and the school for the benefit of the children and the wider community
- is value driven, optimistic and has a clear moral purpose
- can inspire, lead by example, motivate, enthuse and support those around them
- has high expectations of themselves as well as of others, especially the staff and the children
- is dedicated, creative, resilient and well organised, yet flexible, inclusive and caring
- is committed to overcoming disadvantage and inequality and demands ambitious standards for all pupils
- has great communication and interpersonal skills as well as good self-awareness
- is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children
- is willing to be held to account, take responsibility where required to do so and is personally and professionally ambitious
In return you can expect to find:
- a school where children and adults are happy, hard working and caring
- good standards and progress throughout the school
- staff who work together as a close knit team in a friendly working atmosphere
- beautiful grounds and building on the outskirts of Bristol
- a school where professional development and personal growth is valued
- children who are keen to learn, and respect both their environment and others
- the chance to develop your leadership and management skills yet further
All applications must be on a South Gloucestershire Council application form.
Closing date: Tuesday 16th May 2017 @ 3.30pm
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Some roles may need to comply with the ‘Childcare Act 2006’ and the ‘Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009’ where additional disclosure of information will be required.